12/11/2011

Victory - Pole Position - Akouk

This interview was held by Reh on Saturday 10th December 2011.

Question: Akouk, congratulations for your latest race win and dominating pole position in PGR F1. The season seems to turn over quite in your favour, doesn't it?
Akouk: Thanks. F1 is a specialized field of GR racing which I have not mastered. Actually I have used some of the valuable tips Lorenzo lately shared. Still much work to do.

Question: Only Mr.J is ahead of you at the moment, do you think you can get him?
Akouk: Mr.J has a solid lead. It's in the nature of racing to try to get victories and wins over your rivals and there's still time to catch up with the leader. Yet enough gap for him to feel safe.

Question: Also TuomoH was fast during the last few weeks, also he's about to become first of the Seeded Drivers in GWR again. But you are Driver of the Month of November by a huge amount of more than 1000 points...this wasn't easy to reach, was it?
Akouk: TuomoH is close to GWR title which proves that he was fast all year long. For me winning the November rank came as a surprise because I was not monitoring GWR standings. I did a good steady month in both PGRF1 & TOM and I'm happy that I got GWR November as well. It was like a photo-finish victory!

Question: You are the only GeneRally driver that has managed to participate in more than 500 races. I believe that makes you a GeneRally Legend. How do you use your experience when you're preparing for a race?
Akouk: Well, it’s been a few years since my last organized race preparation. I don’t have good fame regarding successful race strategies. Time pressure doesn’t leave me room for extended practicing and detailed race calculation. Nowadays I pretty much charge in to a circuit and race. I use my experience to that as good as possible!

Question: You dominated the qualifying here in Barcelona by almost three tenth of a second. What is the key here on this track?
Akouk: Although the track has many noteworthy turns, the key is definitely the last chicane section and the exit to the S/F straight.

Question: What do you expect from the race and what do you think will the fastest lap be? What's your strategy, or is it a secret?
Akouk: I’ll try to win since I have mastered this track from previous events. Expected fast laps at 21.6, exceptional probably 21.2. Strategy: keep AI out of the way!

Question: What do you say to the rookies?
Akouk: Study the fast racers and develop your talent. Keep in mind that racing is just a fraction of GR world. Have fun interacting with the fantastic GR community.

Question: Thank you for your time and good luck for the race!
Akouk: Thanks and congratulations for your professional combo management!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha